Thursday, February 3, 2011

Icy Fun

We have been stuck inside the last few days because of the crazy weather, but we have found some interesting ways to stay busy.....
 After two days inside, the boys needed some exercise so I set up the bounce house inside.  I wasn't sure it would fit, but it worked!  The only bad thing was the fan that blows the air in was louder than I expected.  Carson and Shane really had fun!


Tuesday morning Carson wanted to go outside and play in the snow.  He didn't understand that it was ice and not snow so I brought some of the sleet in to show him.  Once it melted I put it in a cup and put it back outside.  It refroze and we brought it back in to play.  They loved the big chunk of ice.  I don't think I got any pictures, but Shane loved to put his feet on it!



Last night, I put some beads, rocks, bolts, and money in an ice cube tray and put it outside. 


 We brought them inside this morning to see what happened.  Carson and Shane loved touching the ice cubes.


Then we melted the ice cubes by using warm water and a baster.  This was lots of fun!

Then we sorted all the little objects.  Carson loves to sort, he does it on his own sometimes.  Shane mainly likes to mess up the sorting.  Yes, they have very different personalities!!


This was such a fun activity!  I am planning to do it again in the summer when we can take the ice cubes outside in the heat. 

1 comment:

Anna said...

Looks like you've done a great job of keeping the natives from getting too restless. How funny that Shane likes to feel the ice on his feet! I love the comment that Carson loves to sort and Shane loves to mess up the sorting. Priceless!